The recent cold snap and snow storms forced many of us to turn up the thermostat and put another log on the fire. During our long and cold New England winters, heating costs and the impact of fossil fuels on the environment are front of mind. It’s not too late to improve your home’s energy efficiency and reduce your carbon foot print.
MassSave offers free home energy audits to homeowners, renters and landlords. During the audit, you’ll learn about energy saving home improvements you can have done for free or at a significantly reduced cost.
Unsure if your home is fully insulated? Want to learn more about energy efficient appliances? A Certified Energy Specialist will conduct the audit and provide money-saving, energy-efficient products and recommendations.
Each audit includes:
- LED light bulb replacement (saves $10/bulb/year)
- Low-flow shower heads and faucet aerators
- Advanced, smart power strips (saves $30/year)
- Programmable thermostats or discounted wireless thermostats
- A custom report with tips for how to make your unit as comfortable as possible
Home owners may qualify for additional benefits:
- 75% to 100% off home insulation
- No-cost air sealing of drafty walls and windows
- Rebates to upgrade heating, cooling, and water heating systems
- 0% interest Mass Save HEAT Loan to finance eligible upgrades Mass Save also provides financial incentives for the construction of new, energy efficient homes in Massachusetts
A home energy audit will make your home more comfortable, lower energy costs and reduce the impact on the environment. To take advantage of this program, simply call 617-635-7283 (SAVE) or visit the Mass Save website. And, if you’re interested in owning an energy efficient home, our team has extensive experience marketing energy-efficient, energy positive and LEED certified condos, single family homes and new construction developments
. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We would be happy to help you find the perfect home!